This walkthrough video shows you how to invite students via a bulk upload
If you have a lot of students you would like to invite at once, you can do this by uploading a CSV with all the students' information.
1. Go to your Users page and select 'Bulk Upload'
2. You will then see an option to 'Download template'. Click this to download the file and open it up on your computer.
3. This is where you fill out your students' information. Fill out the students':
- Email address (must be unique for each student)
- UPN number
- Year group
- Do they receive Pupil Premium? (Y or N)
- Do they have special educational needs? (Y or N)
4. If you would like to autoregister your student, input Y into the 'autoregister' column. You will then need to fill out their:
- First name
- Last name
- Date of Birth (Make sure it is in the UK format DD-MM-YYYY)
- Password (Make sure each password is unique and contains at least 8 characters - passwords are case sensitive)
Note: The benefit of autoregistering is it removes the need for students to confirm their emails and it allows you to create passwords on their behalf. You will however need to share the log in information with them so they can access their accounts.
5. If you do not want to autoregister your student/s and would rather they registered themselves, input N into the 'autoregister' column. You then do not need to fill out the rest of the information.
6. Remove all the demo data once you have finished. This includes the instructions as well as the demo email addresses. Just highlight the rows you want to remove, right click and then select 'Delete Selected Rows.'
You should now only see your students' information under the headers.
7. Export/Save the file as a CSV. Check everything is correct and then click 'File..' and find the option to export/save as a CSV.
8. Upload CSV to Inviting students page. Back on your Invite Students page, click 'Browse' to find the saved CSV and then click 'Upload & Invite.'
9. Autoregistered students will then appear immediately on your Registered Students list. Once you have shared their log in information with them you are ready to create blocks.
10. Students whom you have chosen to not autoregister will receive a registration link in an email. (See below) All they need to do is click on 'Join Class' to set up their account.
Once they have registered, their name will appear on your Registered Students list. Please make sure your students have registered before creating blocks.